It’s that time again. We’ve all been there before. Instead of fighting, let’s work together to get in shape this summer. We all deserve to look and feel our best.
In order to achieve the outcome you’re reaching for, it’s important to give 110% everyday. However, do you ever feel like you’re putting everything you can into your workouts, but not seeing the results?
If you want to maximize your workout’s full potential, then avoid the top 5 common mistakes below.
1. Don’t forget to warm up before starting any workout activity to prevent injuries. Try starting your routine with simple exercises such as stretching, jogging, push-ups or sits-ups. It’s important to physically prepare your body and mind.
2. Don’t rush your workout. A lot of people tend to speed through exercise, but it’s important to take your time and always check your form to make sure your muscles and joints are extending to their full range of motion.
3. Repetition is key. Just because you’ve completed one set of exercises doesn’t mean you should go on to the next. Studies show that completing two to three sets of exercises can make you 40% stronger than just performing one set.
4. Change up your workout by incorporating a mix of both cardio and core exercises into your routine. By balancing out your workout, you will avoid losing interest and reaching a plateau.
5. Set reasonable goals that are obtainable for you to reach. Start out by writing down a list of goals. Once you reach them, check them off your list and set new ones.