Making fitness part of your everyday routine is not an easy task. But exercising on the regular couldn’t be more important in helping to maintain a healthy, happy lifestyle.
Setting goals and sticking to a plan is key. Realize that results don’t come overnight. You have to work hard to make fitness a daily habit. Here are our top 10 tips to help you fall back into fitness.
- Find what you love. Whether it’s clearing your thoughts during a long run or dancing the night away in a Zumba class.
- Make fitness a priority. Like paying bills and doing laundry, working out should be considered an important priority. Not something you do every once and a while.
- Run (or walk) an errand. Leave the car behind. Try running your errands on foot, or bike instead.
- Grab a friend or family member and catch up on a long walk instead of via e-mail or phone.
- Don’t forget, doing chores around the house burns lots of calories. Great way to kill two birds with one stone!
- Have an hour lunch break? Take advantage and squeeze 30 minutes of walking in. It will feel good to stretch your legs mid-day.
- Track your progress. It’s important to note major milestones, like your first 3-mile run or the half-day hike you conquered.
- Be proud of your accomplishments and share them with family and friends. That extra motivation will keep you going.
- Switch it up. Don’t let fitness get boring. Find a variety of activities that get you moving and feeling good.
- Baby steps. It takes time to work up to your fitness goals. Stay positive and stick to your healthy living routine.