Runny nose, fever, sore throat, muscle aches…sound familiar? These are all symptoms of the much-dreaded flu. This season, don’t let the flu knock you off your feet. Stay healthy with some of these great everyday prevention tips to stop the spread of germs.
1. Clean your hands. It’s a known fact that washing your hands often will help protect you from germs. Warm soap and water are best but have an alcohol-based hand rub for back up just in case.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. This will help stop the spread of germs from a surface or object that has the flu virus on it, like a handrail or doorknob, to your body.
3. Practice healthy habits. Strengthen your immune system by maintaining a healthy diet, drinking plenty of fluids and fitting in regular exercise.
4. Get ample sleep. When you body is tired, it can’t fight off infections as easily. Rest and relaxation are key.
5. Keep your distance from people who are displaying symptoms of the flu. Close contact with others who are sick, including friends and family members, puts you at risk.