The trick is not to let all the cleaning duties pile up. Instead, follow these tips to maintaining a tidier home throughout the week, so that when Saturday comes along you don’t have to give up much time with family and friends to finish your chores.
- Make wiping down the bathroom sink area part of your morning routine.
- Keep disinfecting wipes in the bathroom and kitchen for quick cleanups. These are also great for minor spills on the floor and collecting pet hair.
- Laundry goes in the laundry basket, not on the floor. This is a tough one, we know!
- Spray your shower and curtain liner daily with a cleanser to reduce mildew build up.
- Avoid a full kitchen sink. Put dirty dishes in the dishwasher immediately. If you don’t have a dishwasher, wash your dishes as you use them.
- Trade in your broom for a vacuum. They are quicker and will save your back from pains and aches.
- Make your bed. Pull your comforter over messy sheets for a quick polished look.
- Have a dedicated space for mail and magazines – and it shouldn’t be your kitchen table. Try repurposing an old shoebox to stay organized.
We’re sure you have some tips of your own! Let us know how you keep your house clean and clutter-free by leaving a comment.