Your Summer Stay-cation
With ever-tightening budgets, a vacation might be the furthest
thing from your wallet. Yet according to Expedia.com's 2008
Vacation Deprivation Survey, 39 percent of employed U.S. adults
reported feeling better about their job after returning from
Money, shmoney. Use these tips for taking a vacation without
ever leaving town.
- Plan as though you actually are going on a
getaway. Take time off work, buy a new outfit and a
beach-worthy book. Pack your suitcase.
- Skip the plane tickets. Find a nearby hotel with a
killer summer deal. Vacation = room service.
- Look for local attractions that you have never seen
before. Museums, parks, local theater productions or a
little-known-tour of quirky spots in town.
- Act like a tourist. Take pictures, smile at
people, eat a hot dog from the sidewalk cart, ask the locals to
recommend things to see, buy a cheesy T-shirt.
- Let your cares melt away. A massage can help you
get into relaxation mode. Step out of the ordinary and try a
treatment that's new to you, such as a hot stone massage or facial at a Massage Envy Spa.