Primavera means "spring-style," and the bright, festive colors
of the fresh vegetables used in this dish certainly reflect the
Prep time: Less than 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
8 oz. uncooked spaghetti
2 tsp. margarine
1 onion, cut into wedges
2 c. broccoli florets
2 small carrots, thinly sliced
1 yellow summer squash, diced
¾ c. low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
⅓ c. fresh parsley, chopped
⅓ c. fresh basil, chopped
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions,
omitting salt; drain well.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the margarine in a large
skillet. Add the onion and sauté about 1 minute.
3. Add the vegetables and chicken broth; stir. Cover and simmer
about 6 minutes.
4. Add the parsley, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir
and cook 1 minute more.
5. Add the spaghetti to the vegetables; toss well.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese at serving time.
225 calories, 6 grams total fat, 37 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams
dietary fi ber, 8 grams protein
-Source: Copyright © 2007 American Diabetes Association.
From e New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes.